March 4, 2013

time






Time did not stop for us

I remember your arms holding me, like a star holds its planets, like the skin holds its organs

But, as it turned out, I could live without you

And how long since then… was it years ago, was it yesterday

What if in this single life I only get to have had you

Fear corrodes me, as if my heart’s been exposed for too long


[This is not what I said the other day

My mind changes second after second and I cannot hide

I cannot avoid the waves that come and go,

much like an ocean that wanted to cradle itself to sleep, my mind changes incessantly… 

perhaps betting to confusion, perhaps betting to shallowness]


Perhaps we were too much

Too much for one life…

What if justice does exist in this strange, shapeless form and one who has had too much must then have very little

What then

Should I be able to go back, would I take less from you just to be able to have more of him now?


You were the sun you always said I deserved, and I think you knew that

We served and deserved each other, an exquisite plate of flavors traveling beneath the tongue, into the brain, to satisfy the heart

But time did not stop

And now you are gone  

And I breathe you every day

And I love you every second

But now, perhaps, 

it's time to love and be loved again



V


6 comments:

  1. Coming full circle, and the way you express love and some of the wordplay! ...

    Should I be able to go back, would I take less from you just to be able to have more of him now?

    Just beautiful.- misfit, ever so grateful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are being missed!

    -Misfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. How anyone would depart a woman who expresses as you do is incredible, and I am jealous of your former and current lovers. The imagery living inside "Time...." is magnificent, you wonderfully touch feelings effortlessly, with an ease that not only holds the reader/listener, but places a person into the work, the victor, the victim. Your words entice me to once more fall in love, to dare to ever become, the victim. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm flattered and I blushed even! This piece is particularly special for me... I still feel it deeply and I may even write some more out of it at some point. So I'm particularly glad that it made you feel things too... And well, being the victim ain't so bad after all, is it. ;)

      Delete