June 13, 2010

ahead and beyond







My steps on the sand, still humid, leave a mark that vanishes with time.


Once strong and deep, my footprints are now forgotten in the Past, removed by the many waves that crash onto the shore.


Same water that washes my feet. Same water that washes the sand so I can make new prints as I move forward.


Turning back makes no sense. I want new, I want fresh. I want ahead.


Sun hides, in red flames, behind the ocean. It looks ashamed, like a coward, as if it wanted to put out its fire.


But I know the truth.


Sun refuses to shine on the same reality twice. It moves and keeps its flames for a new Present.


I remain in its Past but I am also its Future.


The greens of the Mountain contrasts and compete with the blues of the Sea. Mountain cradles the beach. It is its mother just as well as its enemy.


At the strike of Rain, a vomit of dirt comes down the Mountain to die on the beach, poisoning it.


I can hear its terrifying roar as I walk.
I can feel the waves foretelling the intoxication, preparing to fight back.
I can see the Sun attempting to hide it all by taking away its Light.


It all happens around me, and it all happens inside of me.


Nature is at war. And so I am.


Only the Stars will bring us peace. Or a truce.


The Ocean will rise with the Moon, and fiercely sway, back and forth, to cleanse itself.


A cleaner ocean, a cleaner mountain, a cleaner sky. Nature is wise.


Soon, I will no longer care about my footprints. I’ll look up and a shooting star will make me forget that I am walking. Even that I am on Earth.


I will become everything I see, once and for all.


My soul, set free by the starred dark, will too fly wiser after the war.




V

5 comments:

  1. nature never fail to enthrall- nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. i felt like I walked with you - in the moment which is always the best place to be.

    My potluck is here SHEDDING

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jingle, fiveloaf & Talon, for walking with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vivid. A conflict is evident in these words. And that you moved on, is evident too. Sometimes misfits, are not, but are made so by the world they inhabit.

    ReplyDelete